0 Thread(s)
    Ausführliches von Tony himself und erste Preview-Seiten gibt´s hier:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse...6%26t%3D001963

Mitglied Avatar von Obregon Kaine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hier eine sehr interessante Negation War #1 Review von 'nem Typen, der nie eines der Sigil-Hefte gelesen hat:

NEGATION WAR #1
    Writer: Tony Bedard
    Pencils: Paul Pelletier
    Inks: Dave Meikis
    Publisher: Crossgen
    Reviewer: Ambush Bug

I have never read an issue of Crossgen's Sigil titles. I've heard the little yellow and orange Ying Yang symbol was a way to make the Crossgen Universe cohesive with histories and path's that crossed, overlapped, and intertwined. I heard a lot of blood, sweat, and tears were applied by the creators behind Crossgen to make it a universe for comic book fans who yearned for strong writing; for those who were sick of all of the fluff that drove these creators away from the Big Two companies. I heard all of this, but I never read a Sigil book and now I'm kind of disappointed that I missed out on it. After reading NEGATION WAR and reviewing ABADAZAD a few weeks back, I have to dub Crossgen as the Lil' Comic Book Company that Could. Despite low sales, canceled titles, and creator evacuations, the company still manages to churn out some rock solid comics.

NEGATION WAR #1 is everything a Marvel and DC comic should be but isn't. It's got world threatening menaces, guys in capes and cowls, team-ups, and all kinds of classic-stylee superheroics. Let me ask you this: When was the last time you read a Marvel comic that had two powerful beings fighting each other with such intensity and force, it destroys an entire city block? Think about it. That type of shit used to happen on a monthly basis, but now Marvel is so ashamed that they are writing about guys wearing spandex that they would rather have them mope around in plain clothes all of the time and tackle real world menaces like Fidel Castro, the Yakuza, and Congress. Well, all of that shit that used to make you run to the comic book store as a kid is in NEGATION WAR. These guys aren't ashamed that they are writing fiction about brightly colored heroes and villains. These guys aren't afraid to intersperse action into every other page of their books. Reading this book reminded why I loved comics in the first place. It had me wishing that I had been reading about these characters from their inception, so that I could be more invested in the story. It had me wishing that the guys running the show at Crossgen would stage a major coup at the Big Two and bring on another Golden Age of Comics for me to enjoy.

But enough with the wishing. In and of itself, NEGATION WAR #1 was an extremely strong read. It had me interested from page one. It's friendly to those who have never picked up a Sigil book (i.e., me) and I'm sure it'll be rewarding for those who have been reading CG from day one. The story is pretty straight forward: A powerful menace, Charon, is decimating his way through the cosmos. His next stop is Earth. His former partner and now foe, Appolyon, has gathered a group of heroes to thwart Charon's plans. Of course, Appolyon isn't that much of a do-gooder himself, so whoever wins, the good guys still lose. Plus Danik, a Trickster God, is causing another set of problems for everyone. This story has layers of evil, fallen heroes, and a group of misfits with a slim chance of hope and salvation. It's the stuff that good adventures are made of. I don't remember reading Tony Bedard's work before, but this guy knows how to tell a big budget story that overflows with superhero goodness.

Paul Pelletier and Dave Meikis' art is another reason I am strongly recommending this book. Crisp, clean, and classically rendered. This art team reminds me of a cross between Alan Davis and John Byrne when they were in their prime. This is how superhero stories should be told; with vivid camera angles, sharp lines, attention to detail, and boundless imagination. This art team could make any story read well. The panels are that dynamic. Fortunately, the story and art are equally top notch here.

I know what you're going to say. A recommendation for a Crossgen book? Whatever man. That shit ain't cool, it's boring. No. That's not boring. Boring is a book filled with non-stop talking heads and pulse-less plot movement where the hero who's name is on the cover doesn't appear until the very last page of the book laying on his ass in plain clothes and balling like a school girl (see last week's DAREDEVIL, or any other recent Marvel book for that matter). NEGATION WAR is comic book storytelling done right. It looks like a comic book, it reads like a comic book, and it got this Crossgen avoidant to take interested in how it's all going to pan out. Sick of Nu pacing, deconstruction, and shamed self awareness? Give NEGATION WAR a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cover Negation: War #5
    Bin mal gespannt ob ich dieses Heft jemals in den Händen halte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weiss jemand wer für Laura Martin ab der #3 einspringt? Tony soll schon fertig sein. Paul ist angeblich bei der #5 oder #6.

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Ralph Kruhm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daumen drücken... Daumen drücken... Daumen drücken... Daumen drücken...

Klugscheissender SysOp Avatar von Clint Barton
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die tun aber schon weh vom ganzen drücken!
    Meine SAMMLUNGEN: [ Comics || Bücher || Filme/Serien || Musik || Video Games ]
    || [ comicbookdb.com ] ||
    Meine ebay-Angebote || [ comicshop.de ] ||

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12